APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Mixed Frame Rate resolution bugs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dan Powers
Re: Mixed Frame Rate resolution bugs
on Sep 26, 2008 at 2:31:49 pm

Thanks Sean, I must admit I have ignored Cinema tools up to now. I use a Kona for output so I usually have it create the output as needed. I also use Natress to add and remove 3:2. So apparently Cinema tools just changes the header in QT so that other apps can see it the way you choose in Cinema Tools. Why cant other Apple products see this or have access to the same information? I see that if it was modified while on the timeline it could cause problems but while still in the library it seems a framerate conform would be simple. But thanks for pointing out the process as it is in QT and Apple world.

Regarding 23.976, yep I get it was just pointing that out for others who may not have found that yet.
When in the Render que there are no frame rate presets, only a box where you type in the number.

As to my other problem of resolution changes, it appears I may have an anomaly in my system. My office machine is a quad G5 with KonaLH and I can duplicate the problem with the image quality looking bad if the frame rate is different than sequence frame rate. (Again, I dont mean motion artifacts).
But I just tried the test on my MacBook Pro Intel and it does not exhibit the same artifacts when using the same settings. This is going to have to take some additional testing before I can identify why it is only happening on my G5. Will get back with you when I nail that down.

Thanks all for the input.
Dan

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]