MAC OS X: Forum

Re: Downgrade original Yosemite on 2014 Retina MacBook Pro?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Locke
Re: Downgrade original Yosemite on 2014 Retina MacBook Pro?
on Sep 30, 2015 at 4:43:26 am

Hello again John, full circle on this thread. For the record, I never attempted to downgrade my 2014 15" MBP, leaving it as a current machine to run future software and upgrade from there as needed.
What I did was buy an Apple refurbished 2012 13" MBP (9.2: one of the last you can tear apart, as you know), but it came with Yosemite! So I cloned an exact model from work running 10.7.5 to an SSD, now inside the "new" machine. FCS3 runs great on it (asst. edited a feature with FCP7 on Lion w/PluralEyes), and I have a Mt. Lion disk (optical!) to move forward from there as needed (Blackmagic, etc.).
My advice would be to secure a machine of the time to run the older OS X, if you don't already own one: that window is closing (certainly for original Final Cut). The 2012's ran Lion, had ethernet,Thunderbolt (1st),Firewire 800, and USB 3 connections, with a factory optical drive (replaceable with an extra drive to edit to). Quite a bridge machine.
This only matters if you cut your teeth with Final Cut Pro 7, and still want to open projects you started with. If not, let the old 32-bit go, and embrace the cloud (w/a copy of CS6 stashed)...

p.s. Thanks for your efforts in responding to this page, timely and spot on.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]