MAC OS X: Forum

eSata speed difference on G-RAIDS?

COW Forums : Apple OS X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Thomas Morter-Laing
eSata speed difference on G-RAIDS?
on Oct 26, 2012 at 9:33:50 pm

A little bit more to this than the title, but I'll try and keep it as brief and tech specs only as possible:

I have 2 iMacs, both 3.4 Ghz i7 (late 2011), one has 12GB Ram and a 2TB Hitachi internal, one has 16GB Ram and a 1TB internal, Seagate. Both internal's get about the same read and writes.

Using a thunderbolt echo expresscard pro, and a Tempo Sata Pro (6GB) adapter. At home I have 3 G-Raids, all bought within a year of each other, all 2TB, all have about 50% free space.
At work I have the same, and if anything they actually have less space on them. However the G-RAIDs at work are getting consistent read/writes of 230/240MB/s, and the homes ones are hard pressed to push 220, and usually sit around 200. Whilst that extra 40MB/s might not seem a lot, its frustrating me and I want to know what I might be missing, is there a firmware update somewhere for anything that I may have at work? What on earth could possibly be slowing down all 3 of my G-RAIDS in comparison to the work ones?

Additional information:
Work computer running disksomnia 2, home running 3.
All OSX is same version (10.8.2)- the home version is a fresh install, the work one is upgraded from 10.7.
Disk speeds taken using blackmagic's free disk speed test app.

Any suggestions welcome!

Tom Morter-Laing
Twitter- @TomTheEditor
iMac 27" intel i7 3.4GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD 6970M [2GB GDDR5], 2x G-Tech G-RAID (0) 2TB over Thunderbolt via Sonnet Echo ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt adapter and Tempo™ SATA ExpressCard/34. Elgato Turbo H264HD.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]