Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAC OS X:ForumBoot CampApple Home

Firewire and SCSI cards, not enough slots

COW Forums : Apple OS X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd VanSlyckFirewire and SCSI cards, not enough slots
by on Jan 25, 2007 at 9:35:00 pm

Hello
I've got My G5 with Dual 2.5ghz processor, an Atto ExpressPCI UL4D card and a firewire 800 card. The computer came with the SCSI card installed, but (unknown to me) we inherited, from the guy who used to do all the commercials for us, a Lacie 1 terabyte firewire drive. I was (and still am) working with standard def footage, so I saw no need for the SCSI card. So I bought another 1 tb drive, a firewire 800 card and life's been grand. I'm now looking into buying a DLT tape backup system that only uses SCSI. BUT, all of my slots are filled on my G5. One with a graphics card (which takes up 2 slots), the firewire card and the last one for my Decklink Extreme video card.
SO, am I hosed or what? I've seen both on apple's website and here that firewire to scsi adaptors are unreliable/not recommended. Is there another backup system that will work that could utilize firewire?

tVs

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]