MAC OS X: Forum

firewire file size copy problem error -1309

COW Forums : Apple OS X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

avantis
firewire file size copy problem error -1309
on Jul 15, 2006 at 6:01:22 pm

When transferring large video files from one firewire drive to another in OSX panther on Rocstor firewire media formatted in Mac OS extended, I am getting error -1309 and lots of problems. The new 250 gig even became unreadable, data was lost, and I had to reformat. It hung norton disk doctor and sometimes the OS reported that copy times for 7 gig files would be 936 hours.

This is a brand new rocstor drive, and frankly I do not think the drive is the source of the problem, (but who knows?) perhaps the files have become corrupted.

However neither diskwarrior nor norton disk doctor have found a problem with the firewire media or the files. (well, there was one, "a major error was found in the ALternate Volume HEader Block, last mounted version is invalid", but Diskdoctor corrected this) I have researched error -1309 in the COW archives and on the internet, but there is surprisingly only a sparse amount of info about it.

On the first copy operation a few weeks ago there was not really a problem (about 61 gigs worth of quicktimes). The files copied fine. Now these same files -- some of them, especially the large ones, up to 7.5 gigs, are refusing to copy from the (second or third) generation firewire drive to yet another firewire drive.

Any insights on this puzzling problem would be appreciated.

thanks

avantis

"Life is good, as long as it doesn't take up too much of my time."

-Gene

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]