FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Referencing animation

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Peter Greenstone
Re: Referencing animation
on Sep 15, 2009 at 2:26:27 am

Hmm. Yeah, that IS a very bad workflow. The only way you are going to be able to edit the animation is to either work with the original animation file or import it. As you know, you can't edit referenced animation.

I use referencing all the time but I use it to reference the master rigged character which has no keyframes. That way the character can always be updated easily in parallel with my animation work. If I need to use a piece of animation that I already created in combination with something else or to make a modified version of it I open the animation file and either edit it and save it with an appropriate name or I save that animation as a clip and import it into the scene I want to append it to. Even just copy/paste keyframes from one scene to another.

What exactly is the reason that the workflow requires that you continue referencing animation files rather than just referencing a non-keyed character? Why can't you change it? Baking is definitely not the answer; that will just make things very difficult.

My best suggestion is to change the workflow. That one just won't work and will impede getting the project done.

Visit http://www.petergreenstone.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]