Referencing animation

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joao Morgado
Referencing animation
on Sep 14, 2009 at 4:42:45 pm

Hi there,

I am now working on an animation project and I am having kind of a problem when importing animation.

The project workflow is organized so that when we need a character to for ,for example, walk, we have a file with the walkcycle that we reference in the scene we are animating. Here is where the problem starts, when I reference a file with the animation in it, the animation curves appear locked and I can't change them. What we do when we need change/adjust anything in the walkcycles is bake the channels so we can get editable curves, but of course we never get exactly the same curves as the originals ones unless we make the bake with 1 frame intervals, witch of course results in a unworkable curve with keys in every frame.

As I googled for a better way to do this I found that the animation should be exported/imported as clips, but since this workflow was already implemented before I joined the project I was wondering if anyone knows a way to make the referenced curves editable without having to bake them??

Thanks in advance

Mr JOMO

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]