FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Canon XF-100 - Footage extremely grainy, color temperature, and iris issues...

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Al Bergstein
Re: Canon XF-100 - Footage extremely grainy, color temperature, and iris issues...
on Aug 6, 2016 at 2:29:57 pm

Tom, can you post some bits of your footage? I assume, given your background and your post, that yes, you probably are right in your assumptions. I have worked with Sony, Canon XF305, 105 and others, and can tell you that the 100 is not the best choice for interior low light situations. It is very grainy when adding gain. I have shot good footage with it, but it's not a camera I would grab without useing in advance. It is very good at run and gun with lots of light.

Were you shooting 60i by some chance?

Yes, this is a prosumer camera. The xf300/305 was more targeted at the Sony EX 3/1 when it came out. I still use my 300 and find that it is the best quality image for stage shows in the 1080 world. As long as I have lots of good light. Even it is not a great low light camera, given today's choices, and the Sony seemed, in the tests I saw some years ago to have a small edge in low light.

Best of luck.

Al

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]