Re: Cheap Backup Camera ?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matthew Jeschke
Re: Cheap Backup Camera ?
on Nov 17, 2011 at 5:30:28 pm

Great advice.

I have one friend who loaned me a pro SD camera. Which has best light performance by far. I also bought a color card to see how well I can touch up the cameras I have in post (should have done this a long time ago).

When I look at the consumer reviews the lower end cameras have similar color performance to high end ones. I think higher end cameras have much better optics though and collect better light.

I totally agree with you. I may just skip the $200 stuff, squeeze the performance I can out of my current camera and see what money I can make out of them yet. I'm working with a Sony VX2100, Sony HDR-SR5, and Go Pro HD Hero (really bad performance). None of the cameras are quite up to snuff, but with ample lighting they seem to perform OK.

Unfortunately, I'm a laid off engineer though just tinkering at home to make a few $$ right now. I REALLY REALLY enjoy this stuff though. My previous job sent me to school for editing. I should get a hold of my old professor and see if she cannot help out someway. She has GOBS of high end equipment.

And maybe I'll have to make a program on how to make your own dollies, jibs, etc for cinematography next :) I really like your ideas!

Curious what do you shoot with?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]