DVD AUTHORING: Forum Encore DVD Forum

Re: How to put a DVD onto USB and retain DVD menu?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff Pulera
Re: How to put a DVD onto USB and retain DVD menu?
on Jun 28, 2016 at 2:12:39 pm

MPEG-2 is outdated and is pretty much only used for DVD these days. H.264 is the new "standard" because it can be played on PC, Mac, tablet, phone, TV with USB port, etc. And again, if you limit yourself to "DVD" type of delivery, that means STANDARD DEFINITION and this is an HD world now. SD sources don't look so great on bigger screens.

TakyBox does NOT require you to use special USB sticks. They do sell their own sticks that have WiFi for use with phones/tablets, but that is optional.

Also looking at TakyBox website, I don't see anything about a subscription, just "Buy $179".

I have never used the product myself, but have looked at what it offers and seems like a good solution. Was just reading that it can now be used with Vimeo for ONLINE video distribution with menus. Maybe that would work for your organization because then you don't have to buy or distribute USB sticks or DVDs! It would all be online for easy access. Does require a Vimeo account though, which has some monthly expense of course.

That's about all I can tell you

Thanks

Jeff

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]