DVD AUTHORING: Forum Encore DVD Forum

Re: How to put a DVD onto USB and retain DVD menu?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Amanda Duffield
Re: How to put a DVD onto USB and retain DVD menu?
on Jun 28, 2016 at 1:54:04 pm

Thank you reko tomo and Jeff Pulera for your fantastic replies.

I appreciate you taking the time.

Jeff - you are close to what I want to do however I need to give a bit more information, wondering if you can advise a little more.

1) A staff member will make the video themselves - what they use is anybody's guess. Sometimes their iphone, sometimes an old camera they have at the office, sometimes their ipad, whatever.
2) They will upload to, say dropbox, and I will download and post caption.
3) In the past, once this was done, I would render it to a strip of footage that they can play, captioned, at one of our staff development days.
4) However, this time (and I'm sure many more times in the future), the person who videod this wants to make a 'kit' out of the information. So, I could make a DVD with menus however not everyone has a dvd player. So, staff member has asked me if I can make it on a usb but put menus on the usb.
5) Firstly, this is an expensive option because dvd's are so much cheaper however I'm not the bean counter so not my issue - I just have to say if it's possible.
6) I cannot guarantee what the person at the other end who will play this has, or will play it on, or what I.T. knowledge they have. My experience tells me that anything that says 'put the usb in', 'right click on VIDEOTS folder', click on 'play with', choose ... video player and if it's not there, download vlc etc etc etc. Generally, people ring me and say 'what the'? They have no idea, not even about vlc.
7) I had a look at takybox as suggested. However, it looks like I have to use their usb, which means I would have to buy multiples of the usb (I think?). Also, their latest version is a 'subscription' which I knowmy employer won't do.j

I'm thinking of saying it's not possible for our situation. Unless I'm missing something and there's an easy way for everybody, no matter what the IT knowledge and also, no matter what platform they use?

I doubt it would ever be played on a TV but can't say for sure. I imagine it would mostly be played on a usb.

So, best idea and video format is what I'm wondering. I really don't understand much about rendering but I do know that MPEG2 is the one thing everyone can play without complaint.

I hope that's not too much to post,

thanks again.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]