DVD AUTHORING: Forum Encore DVD Forum

Re: How to put a DVD onto USB and retain DVD menu?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff Pulera
Re: How to put a DVD onto USB and retain DVD menu?
on Jun 27, 2016 at 3:07:20 pm

Hi Amanda,

If the end user will be putting the USB stick into a computer, the DVD files may work, but would require that the computer have software DVD player installed. For instance, the free VLC Media Player can play from an .iso file of a DVD disc for instance, and should be able to play DVD from a VIDEO_TS folder as well. But as the other poster noted, an HDTV is not going to work - they will be looking for an H.264 file most likely to work with the built-in media player in the TV. And you don't know what device they will be using or what software they have installed.

If delivering on USB, I would forget about DVD, since it is only SD resolution (lower quality) and uses old MPEG-2 encoding. H.264 is the way to go for digital delivery, with higher quality, smaller file sizes, and universal playback on most any device. I'm assuming you shot the source as HD?

The simplest solution is to just provide an .mp4 deliverable, however your client wants the menus. In that case, please check out this solution that will provide the HD quality and menus at the same time - http://www.lacolorpros.com/product/?TBX1-TakyBox-HTML5-Menu-Generator

I've not tried it myself, but sounds like it could be a great solution

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]