DVD AUTHORING: Forum Encore DVD Forum

Re: How to put a DVD onto USB and retain DVD menu?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

reko tomo
Re: How to put a DVD onto USB and retain DVD menu?
on Jun 25, 2016 at 6:48:43 pm

Amanda, this is me again.
I'm sorry I don't read well your post.

You wrote :
I have DVD Architect (6 I think, whatever comes with the latest Pro) and Sony Vegas Pro 13. I have one long rendered clip in Vegas with chapter markers. I've explained they can watch and press 'next chapter' if they want to get to the next one. Each chapter has a title page.

I don't think this will work with my steps I explain before.
Because once they press the "next chapter" it will goes to whatever menu you assigned within "end action" of each chapter button.

So, I think it won't be possible to have the condition like this :
1. If the user press next chapter it goes to the next one
2a. if the user doesn't do anything, once the running chapter finish - it goes back to the main menu.

Assuming that I myself is in this case, I will sacrifice the number 2, with the solution :
2b. If the user want to go back to the main menu, then he has to press the "root menu" button. (NOT "Title menu" button).
After he press the "root menu", the player display the Main Menu.

Number 2b I can do it within Maestro by link the "chapter menu key" in each chapter button.
IMHO, if finally you found that your Architect has the option "end action" in each chapter button - then I think it should have also the "chapter menu key" in each chapter button.

"Chapter menu key" in each chapter button is when the user (during any chapter that runs) press "root menu" it will bring him/her to whatever page we link during the authoring stage.

"end action" in each chapter button is when the user press "next" button OR don't do nothing which will bring him/her to whatever page we link during the authoring stage.

As you can see from the picture above, I don't link the "end action" on each chapter button BUT the last one.
I link the "menu key" button on each chapter button to whatever I want. In this case :
1. when the user is in the chapter-1 running, if he press the "root menu" it will bring him to Scene Selection page with button number-2 highlighted.
2. when the user is in the chapter-2 running, if he press the "root menu" it will bring him to the same Scene Selection page but this time with button number-3 highlighted.
3. And so on repeatedly.

Although I don't know whether Architect can do that, but I think your Architect has that feature.
I hope this can help you to figure-out about your case.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]