DVD AUTHORING: Forum Encore DVD Forum

How to put a DVD onto USB and retain DVD menu?

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Amanda Duffield
How to put a DVD onto USB and retain DVD menu?
on Jun 23, 2016 at 7:14:12 am

Hi everyone,

This is urgent if anyone is reading this and they know the answer.

I have DVD Architect (6 I think, whatever comes with the latest Pro) and Sony Vegas Pro 13. I have one long rendered clip in Vegas with chapter markers. I've explained they can watch and press 'next chapter' if they want to get to the next one. Each chapter has a title page.

However, they want to make bulk copies and would like to distribute on usb. They want a DVD with a menu for people to choose the chapters. I know how to make these - I make them all the time - BUT only burn to DVD. Can it be burned to USB? If so, I'm presuming that 'takes over' the usb and it can't be used to add other stuff? Correct? I'm trying to explain to them it's much more expensive that way however I see their point, not everyone has a DVD player.

I know it can be done by copying the 'folder' i.e. having an audio and video folder however this has to be simple and not require anyone to download any particular media players or software. They just need to plug it in and play it like it's a DVD movie but on a usb. Otherwise people just can't figure stuff out (or don't want to).

Another question whilst I'm in the Architect forum, I can't figure out how to make each chapter default back to the menu when finished. Each time I make a DVD, the end of chapter flows onto the next chapter. I can't find the setting where I tell Architect to return to main menu after each chapter.

Thank you,

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]