DVD AUTHORING: Forum Encore DVD Forum

Re: OT: Need DVD Burner Solution

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matt Townley
Re: OT: Need DVD Burner Solution
on Aug 13, 2009 at 11:00:43 pm

Hi Mike, It sounds like you are looking for some type of DVD publisher; essentially a fancy duplicator that runs from a host PC with software that can feed a cue of orders on-demand as you send them so you can walk away and let each drive burn a different disc. Or at least I hope I understood this right.

Rimage has a few different products that do this, specifically the Producer and the Professional line. Depending on which model you look at, they can burn anywhere from 1 - 4 discs at a time (all different content) and then print on it with unique artwork. It can be send different types of files for masters all over a network. We have a few of the Producer 7100s and I have been quite happy with them. It took quite a while to get past the initial quirky and outright frustrating learning curve of our early models (now discontinued), but I quite like our current models. Only downside is they are not cheap!

Microtech also makes some similar products, but I have not used them.

Microboards and Primera both have some units, but I don't think they will give you the flexibility to burn different content to discs simultaneously like the Rimage units will.

Matt

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:
  • OT: Need DVD Burner Solution by Mike Kahn on Aug 11, 2009 at 4:16:32 pm
    • Re: OT: Need DVD Burner Solution by Matt Townley on Aug 13, 2009 at 11:00:43 pm

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]