FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Trying to figure out how this shot, and want to try and replicate in future...

COW Forums : Cinematography

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tom Laughlin
Re: Trying to figure out how this shot, and want to try and replicate in future...
on Jun 1, 2018 at 4:33:54 pm

I absolutely agree, sliders are cool, but not necessarily needed for every interview. It seems like there are a ton of very young filmmakers who are pushing gear, and though very cool, you need to ensure you are using it with a purpose, and not just using it to be cool, or be trendy. The other thing is, everyone's stuff starts all looking the same, as everyone wants to stand out, me included, you start seeing a ton of the exact same types of slider interviews, and some of what is being said, doesn't seem to warrant such a set-up. But in the case of James Cameron and George Lucas, where there is significantly profound ideas and discussion going on, then yes. But an interview with a slider, where your buddy is saying how great of a film course you have made, is not maybe the best reason use the slider, but I could be wrong. Two rhino sliders at $1100/slider, I would imagine that the tutorial video takes point on some product placement for sure, and rightfully so, cause it made me want to buy one! Thanks for everyone's comments!

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Salt Lake City, Utah
digitalchophouse.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]