FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Was I asked a trick Question?

COW Forums : Cinematography

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ryan Domis
Re: Was I asked a trick Question?
on Jun 13, 2008 at 3:16:29 pm

He was asking what the focal length of the lens was....18mm....25m....ok...I get.

This means that a camera or viewfinder must be set up in order to determine the focal length correctly..... Right? There was no camera or viewfinder on set at that moment. How could we have figured it out without it set up?

What I dont get....is...why my cinematographer did not reply or at least have input on the situation?

If we had the camera set up & turned on...then that could all easily be determined, couldn't it?

How could it have been determined without a camera, viewfinder or measuring tape on set? The cameras we are using are old school Sony Betacams that only the cinematographer (teacher's assistant) is trained for. The students in the class actually have no training on the cameras that are used, so we rely heavily upon or cinematographer (aka teacher's assistant) when it comes to working with the camera.

your help is much appreciated.

Yet...how can I determine focal length without a viewfinder, camera, lens or measuring tools on set?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]