FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Lighting for a web commercial question

COW Forums : Lighting Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: Lighting for a web commercial question
on Jan 17, 2020 at 12:03:27 am

I'd want to understand the blocking and camera shots you're after. That makes a huge difference.

But a few impressions and questions from the photo of the dojo;

I don't know what the "tone" of this shoot is supposed to be: is it an actual martial arts teaching thing, where you're going for a more immediate sports-type look, or is it something dramatic and artistic, with movie-type mood lighting? Is the camera fixed or moving? is there more than one simultaneous camera or camera angle?

My impression from a quick google is that one Arri skypanel alone isn't going to be enough for anything but maybe single shots or at best, a 2-shot.

I'd probably buy rolls of window gel, to match the indoor color temp of the indoor lighting, instead of renting the skypanel or shoot at night and hit the windows with some blue lights from outside... if the windows need to be in the shots at all. It's your script and your blocking, so that's under your control. If you can leave windows out of the shot, it makes life easier in terms of backlighting and color balance issues. If you treat the gels kindly they can be re-used a number of times.

I'm sorry about all the speculating but really if you want the best help, we should be seeing a storyboard or some overhead drawing showing the blocking and filling in these missing details, and then the right tools and techniques will tend to present themselves.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]