FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Best lighting temp or other settings for using a green screen and a lightboard together?

COW Forums : Lighting Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andy Kralik
Re: Best lighting temp or other settings for using a green screen and a lightboard together?
on Dec 13, 2019 at 12:36:21 pm

Use H.264 4:22 codec to record video at any choice of resolution. It will help make a cleaner key.

While 4:2:0 can do a clean key with effort it is not as easy as 4:2:2 with proper lighting which I’ll get into later.

Also use the SDI out of your camera to your ATEM switcher instead of HDMI if your only doing HD work and not 4K. I’m hoping your camera can output 4:2:2 color space via SDI.

And lastly...
Light the Green Screen at any kelvin/temperature you like, but evenly with no more than 70-80% luminance measured on a waveform monitor. Then light talent at least 6’ to 10’ away from the green screen backdrop. If you do this right, you should have a clean key every time.

If you follow every step I suggest and you still don’t have a clean key your ATEM switcher may be the culprit.

25+ year roller coaster ride in production and post production. The most fun in my life.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]