FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best lighting temp or other settings for using a green screen and a lightboard together?

COW Forums : Lighting Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread


Adam Leonard
Best lighting temp or other settings for using a green screen and a lightboard together?
on Dec 12, 2019 at 9:35:17 pm

Hey everyone,

So we recently switched to more-tweakable LED lights. Generally it's great, but I'm having some trouble finding the right settings for the setup to use both the green screen and the light board together. Generally, 99% of possible settings either have too much green screen noise (usually from being a tiny bit dark) or have too little of the marker ink visible (usually from being too bright). The remaining 1% of settings is a tiny sliver in which there is a tiny bit of both problems, and also the subject is a teensy bit transparent and some of the markers come out the wrong color. And that's with telling the switcher (ATEM) to narrow the Chroma Key range. So that 1% is better than the alternatives that I've found, but still not perfect.

What do I need to change to get it right? I'm thinking that maybe changing the temperature of the lights will give us more color variance between the green screen and the markers.

Camera is a Canon XF405. I'll need a ladder to get up there and read them for sure, but I believe the lights are set to 5600 K.

I'll also accept answers for where else to ask about this if you have better suggestions. Thanks.


Posts IndexRead Thread 


Current Message Thread:





© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]