FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lighting a Nightclub...

COW Forums : Lighting Design

Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chuck PurnellLighting a Nightclub...
by on Oct 10, 2010 at 8:21:19 am

Anybody ever light a nightclub along with the existing club lights (lasers, disco lights, etc?) I am in the early planning stages for shooting a music video and the treatment will call for a scene to be shot in a nightclub.

My question is: I want to be able to use some of the laser and disco lights the club has to offer but I am going to have to be able to throw some light on the talent's face without it falling off into the "club" light I mentioned above.

Also what is the best way once all lights are on, to keep it looking somewhat dark. Doesn't have to be 100% dark but want to make it still feel like a club. I sat in on a music video shoot a few years ago that was shot in a club and the crew had a ton of lights and it didn't really feel like a club. I most likely will be using something along the lines of a Litepanels LED either on camera or a few 1x1's on a stand.

I am still scouting clubs to shoot in so I can't say how big a space I am going to need but I envision using about 50-100 people to pack the dance floor area and all shooting will take place there. I am guessing a lot of my lights would have to be flagged so they don't fall off into the "club lights too huh?

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2016 All Rights Reserved