Re: Same as source export with different codects on timeline

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Juan Juig
Re: Same as source export with different codects on timeline
on Apr 26, 2020 at 5:12:35 pm

Thank you both for replying.

The DNxHD 36 part was plain white titles on black bacground that I received from another person using another software. Since I presumed it wouldn't make that much of a difference if it were exported at much higher bitrate, because there were only white black and some grey pixels I didn't ask for a better export. Will do in the future however! I am perfectly aware that exporting something of a lower quality to a file with higher quality will not improve its quality.

I have heard of this issue before, but when I decided to export with custom settings for practical reasons, I always checked the exports in different softwares and didn't notice any significant change besides compression.

So, the best option for final export for the archive of a project would definitely be to do a video mixdown of an entire sequence to a wished DNxHD or DNxHR codec and then export Same as Source, which would NOT result in a gamma shift? Would exporting in MXF OP1A with the wished DNxHD or DNxHR codec also be a good or perhaps better option?

And if you perhaps also know about the exports from Premiere Pro and Davinci Resolve? Is Quicktime DNxHD/DNxHR also sometimes problematic from those softwares in terms of gamma shift? If that is the case, what would produce the same wished result? MXF OP1A DNxHD/DNxHR? Prores is not an option for me most of the time, because I do the wast majority of my editing on Windows computers.

Thank you for taking the time for replying. Really appreciate it!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]