Re: Same as source export with different codects on timeline

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Juan Juig
Re: Same as source export with different codects on timeline
on Apr 26, 2020 at 10:43:35 am

Thank you for the reply Pat.

I'm a bit confused now, because I got 2 different answers about the question about a file that is exported with different codecs on timeline as Same as Source. Shane said it was impossible for an exported file to contain multiple codecs, while you say that this is the way Avid SAS export works. Do you perhaps have an external link in which this is verified for sure?

"Selecting custom codec and then choosing a DNX codec in the QT option is a real no no due to gamma shift issues."
Could you please elaborate on that? Are you saying that if you have for example a clip with Prores 4444 (that was brought in with source browser) and Custom export it to DNxHD 185x it will result in gamma shift? I just recently had that situation and when I compared the exported file in to the original Prores grade in Avid Media Composer, Davinci Resolve and VLC Player I didn't notice the any gamma shift, the only difference was slight compression that was visible on the Y waveform but nut with the bare eyes.

Do you think that Custom export as DNxHD 185x should never be used if the gamma shift is a posibility? Could the gamma shift also happen with a clip in timeline that was transcoded to DNxHD 185x in the import process and is them Custom exported to DNxHD 185x?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]