AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Re: Newbie not newbie getting back into MC

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: Newbie not newbie getting back into MC
on Sep 5, 2019 at 12:08:36 am

1. Avid is not good with stills in the timeline. It's still just as bad as it was many years ago. Well, a little better. Before you had ZERO tools for doing moves on stills, you had to rely on the third party app, Moving Picture. Now at least there's a built in option, Avid Pan & Zoom, but it's still as convoluted as ever. You need to import the still, which makes it Avid media, but IT'S NO LONGER FULL RES! It's the res of the project. So you need to drop it on the timeline, add the Pan & Zoom plugin, go into effects mode, click on the IMPORT IMAGE button, navigate to the still on your hard drive. Then get out of tARGET MODE to SOURCE MODE, and use the tools in the app to do your move. But no rotation, it doesn't allow for rotation.

FOR EVERY STILL! Every one. It's completely backwards, time consuming. PPro is better suited, as is Resolve.

2. By adding Pan and Zoom to multiple at the same time, what do you mean, exactly? Video wall of stills? Not sure what you ask. Avid is BAD BAD BAD at dealing with stills. It'll take a LONG time to do anything, especially if you want multiple on the screen at one time.

3. Avid's CC tools are very limited. Touchy. You can't push things much, or do a lot of subtle work. Resolve is better than Avid by 3000%. It's OK to ONLINE with, do simple color corrections, but not pushing things much. It lacks good control.

4. Never heard of total effects. I have Boris at home. But note, it's over $1000 for BCC. Total FX is $800, so cheaper. But I'm not familiar with it at all to compare.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]