Re: Timewarps on Subclips when transferring to DaVinci Resolve via AAF

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Philip Hanses
Re: Timewarps on Subclips when transferring to DaVinci Resolve via AAF
on Jul 16, 2019 at 11:42:07 am

Hi Michael,

I don't think that this fixes my problem. Or even if I explained my problem very good in the first place. Maybe if I explain the workflow of the footage more detailed you will get what I am aiming for.

We're working on fictional TV shows that are all broadcasted in 25FPS.
The material arrives in house as ALEXA 2k 25FPS Log C where a LUT is applied in Da Vinci Resolve and rendered in 25FPS MXF DNxHD36 for editing. There it is synched with the sound files and then transferred to an editor.
Later it is conformed in Da Vinci Resolve in preparation for Color Grading. Everything takes place in 25FPS projects.

One exception is when they shoot 50, 75 or 100FPS material fo slow motion takes.
But sometimes editors want to have that material synched as well so we apply a Timewarp on the ALEXA Master Clip in Avid, Sync it and make a subclip. This subclip doesn't have a Timewarp effect Icon on it when you cut it into your timeline. It just runs on 25FPS and the sublip still refers to the original Avid Media File. No render file was written or any other motion FX files was generated.
When you export an AAF File of the timeline to conform it in Resolve, the information that this clip contains a timewarp isn't transported into Resolve. The clip will show the original slow motion and I have to conform it manually.

Does that make sense to you?

So what I am trying to figure out is if there is a way to kind of bring that "embedded" Timewarp up front in my Avid timeline, to make the clip show an effect Icon and be able to auomatically conform it like it works with all other "normal" Timewarps.

Philip

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]