AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Re: Replacing files in the Avid MediaFiles folder

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brent Marginet
Re: Replacing files in the Avid MediaFiles folder
on Jul 29, 2017 at 6:49:27 am

I tested out an old method that may work for you, though it may be to late if you've already started re-logging the new footage. Hopefully you kept the old Bins with the old Master Clips in them and then you can give this a try. You may also be able to pull the old bins from Avids Attic if you did toss all of the original Master Clips.

Note: Some of the Menu Items will not be in the same place in 8.4.5 as they are in 8.8.5 which is what I'm using.

1- Select all of the clips that you want to relink.
2- Right Click, go to Modify and then Click on Unlink Media...
3- Select all the clips unless there are differing numbers of audio tracks on the new clips.
You must select clips that will have the same number of Audio Tracks for this to work.
4- Right Click, go to Modify and click on Modify Clip...
5- A Dialogue box will pop up and select Set Tracks.
6- Add Check Marks that correspond to the number of Audio Tracks that the new clips will have and click OK.
7- Right Click on these same clips again and select Relink...
8- In the Relink Dialogue Box uncheck Relink only to media from the current project and click OK.

This may now relink to the new clips with the extra Audio Tracks if all goes well.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTO: If you think three copies of your media or project are enough.
Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]