AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Re: Replacing files in the Avid MediaFiles folder

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Travis Cannan
Re: Replacing files in the Avid MediaFiles folder
on Jul 29, 2017 at 12:40:00 am

Thanks for the response Brent. If that is the case then I suppose I will start Re logging. I will say that I'm a little surprised to hear that. Given that there is SO much metadata that is identical I would think that there would be a way to do this. Would Matching Reel names and timecode not be sufficient enough to get everything to match up? I obviously wouldn't expect any edits to the audio tracks to translate over but given these are just bins of clips I would have thought Avid would have a solution to this. I understand the metadata is not identical but it seems to me that if you could tell avid that these new clips equal the old clips then the program could look and see that all of the names line up and even the timecode information used to group different clips together also matches up. In resolve there is a feature to "force conform" to whatever clip you tell it to. I suppose I was thinking Avid would have something similar. I am admittedly, far from an expert on avid so I'm sure there are variables I'm not taking into account. It just seems like a program as robust as Avid would be able to do something like this. Hopefully I'm not coming across as ungrateful for the advice! Just always trying to understand this program better : )

Thanks again!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]