AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Auxiliary timecode changing on clips with same source/tape name?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ryan Dundas
Auxiliary timecode changing on clips with same source/tape name?
on Jul 28, 2017 at 7:10:41 pm
Last Edited By Ryan Dundas on Jul 28, 2017 at 8:09:28 pm

I have done multigrouping in Avid with auxiliary timecode before but never had this issue. This is my first time doing it offline with proxy media so I added a Source / Tape Name to all of my footage that identifies what camera it was shot on. I was told adding this info makes it easy to relink back to my linked master clips after edit. I think that may be what is causing my problem...

I am working on syncing and multigrouping a reality TV shoot. We had 4 cameras, 2 audio recorders, and 5 planted gopros rolling during the event we were shooting. I have everything synced and when making the subclips for my group I noticed the Aux timecode was changing as I made them. And not even just on subclips from the same master clip.

I figured it was something with the subclips so I went to my master clips and tried to assign an Aux timecode value to each clip before I made the subclips. When I click away from the bin and then come back, it changes all the clips in that bin to whatever value I entered on the last clip. (All clips in each bin have same Tape Name)

And I should also mention this only happens with my GoPro clips. My other main 4 cameras have all the clips set with the same Tape Name and the Aux timecode doesn't change.

I tried deleting the Tape name from the clips and it doesn't look like it lets you, so I will just have to remake the proxy files for my gopro clips and not set the tape name and give that a try.
Anybody have any other ideas?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]