Replacing files in the Avid MediaFiles folder

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Travis Cannan
Replacing files in the Avid MediaFiles folder
on Jul 28, 2017 at 6:51:46 pm
Last Edited By Travis Cannan on Jul 28, 2017 at 8:23:18 pm

So I'm currently re transcoding a days worth of footage (in Resolve) that I have already logged and sorted. Unfortunately i didn't realize until I had done a fair bit off work that the audio tracks got mixed down into a single track. My question is if I attempt to simply replace the old MXF files in the MediaFiles Folder will it be as simple as using the relink function when I open up MC? Clip names, Timecode, and Tape will all be identical. Maybe I won't even need to relink? Only difference will the be the number of audio tracks. Also would my group clips also re link? If relevant my process for ingested clips is to drag my database file into a master bin and then duplicate the files and sort them into Day bins. Then in the Day bins I do all my labeling and grouping and then option drag all the clips into their respective scene bins. Anyone have any insight into this? If my plan doesn't work does anyone have an alternative that wouldn't involve simply re doing all of my labeling? I'm using 8.4

Thanks!

Edit:

Tried a quick test and am not having any luck. I tried replacing a clip that had the proper audio into my MXF folder. I opened Avid and found the clip I had replaced. It was offline. Tried Relinking but it says it can not find a match. I tried trashing and re dragging in a new database file but that just brings in the replaced clip as a new clip while leaving the original master file offline.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]