Davinci to AVID to Davinci Issue

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

James Jay
Davinci to AVID to Davinci Issue
on Mar 15, 2017 at 1:22:58 pm

Hi there!

So we have shot a lot of footage using the Panasonic Varicam 35 at 4K RAW/29.97p, and our final delivery is in 4K/25p. We generate HD Proxies for the edit using DaVinci, before relinking it back to the 4K rushes for grading. The problem I encountered at first was exporting HD proxies at 25p from DaVinci messed up the timecodes, so nothing linked up.

The fix I have found for this is to import the 4K Raw footage into DaVinci, export HD proxies at 29.97p, then import those selects into a 25p timeline in Premiere Pro, and then right click the proxies in the project window and choose Modify--> Interpret footage as 25p. Then I can do an edit, export an XML, make a new 25p project in Davinci, and open the XML. Everything links up to the rushes and it's all good.

HOWEVER a guest editor is coming in to edit some projects, and they only use Media Composer. So is there a way of doing the "interpret footage as 25p" in Media Composer, like you can do in Premiere Pro? Does media composer need to transcode stuff before the edit can take place, and so will this mess up the timecodes and give me the same problem?

My knowledge of Media Composer is pretty limited to if anyone could shed some light on this or on the correct workflow for Davinci--->AVID-->Davinci that would be amazing. Thanks for the help!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]