AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Re: Media Composer Linking to wrong files after doing a consolidation on a drive

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Media Composer Linking to wrong files after doing a consolidation on a drive
on Nov 23, 2016 at 3:08:53 pm

Yes the whole system becomes harder when the folders get the wrong media moved into it. It happens all the time. I've been naming my folders based on projects for years, but by working on several projects in one day, it is pretty easy to misplace a file or two.

I still maintain, taking that folder with the incorrect media in it, sort it by date created or date modified, and a quick look at the file names, and i bet you would have figured out pretty easily which files didn't belong.

If the media you were looking at was a duplicate of a different shoot, you could also drag the database into a bin, and use that to either delete the media you didn't want, or identify the range of clips and their names by sorting based on date, and using the "reveal file" function to locate one of those files in the mxf folder. The others were probably all right around the same area as far as date or naming convention.

The media tool funtion may have also been helpful in this type of scenario, but i honestly hardly ever load it up.

Glenn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]