AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Re: Media Composer Linking to wrong files after doing a consolidation on a drive

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Hanqin Lin
Re: Media Composer Linking to wrong files after doing a consolidation on a drive
on Nov 23, 2016 at 8:33:45 am

Yes! That's exactly what we have been doing. We name our mxf folders by date, like 20161108, and put everything that was shot that day in it. So that I can easily move the entire folder over to another drive.

And actually we have 4 guys working on it, one being a DIT/On-Set Editor. We receive newly shot materials pretty much daily. And everything was fine until one day the DIT guy messed up and put 600 or so clips from a different project that are totally irrelevant into the dated folder for this project. Thus, manually separating the files will take some effort. Yes I can just copy this folder over and leave those unreferenced files inside, but I don't want to cluster the other editor's drives with unnecessary clips (and the extra 20 mins or so of my life wasted on the copying process-_-). So I figured why not just use Avid's always great media management tools and let Avid pick and copy the needed files. And that's why everything happened.

I always unplug the drives and only keep one drive mounted to ensure I don't have duplicated clips confusing Avid, but still, the problem exists.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]