AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Re: Media Composer Linking to wrong files after doing a consolidation on a drive

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Media Composer Linking to wrong files after doing a consolidation on a drive
on Nov 22, 2016 at 3:03:50 pm

You are coming up with a more difficult way of doing this I think. If you have new media you need to copy to a second drive...I'm assuming the audio files you were consolidating were newly created by you, and needed to be shared to everyone else...I would have simply gone into my Avid Mediafiles/mxf/1 folder where those files were created and copied them across to the new drive. Sort the folder by date modified, and you should be able to find your relevant media pretty easily. Yes some of those mxf names can be daunting, but for the most part transcodes are pretty obvious what they are.

Another method is to rename your mxf folders each day so that the next days media I super easy to find...its the only stuff in the "1" folder. Copy it across to the transport drive, and then rename it with the project and the date.

The process of creating new media, then deleting the clips for that media and having 1 project reference the original media, while the other version references new media is too confusing to keep track of...especially if there are 3 of you trying to use the same process.

To check, I would always unplug one of the drives to ensure Avid isn't being confused as to which drive it should be looking at.

Glenn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]