AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Re: BEST WORKFLOW? Conforming 23,98 to 25 in Resolve, esport in dnx, edit in Avid and Relink to the original

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bonsai Detta
Re: BEST WORKFLOW? Conforming 23,98 to 25 in Resolve, esport in dnx, edit in Avid and Relink to the original
on Oct 6, 2016 at 1:40:36 pm

Hello,

Thank you very much for your advice.
In the end I decided to proceed in a quite confusing way, to not waste more time to reconvert some RED (because I already did it once), and in order to be able to work in this phase with a cheap drive and to not mess up my Avid with many codecs.
I conformed the RED with Resolve and transcode the Sony in dnxhr at 50 fps in Avid, so at the end of my editing, I suppose the best way will be to export the conforming RED footage that I chose with the best quality and re insert in the timeline. Luckily for me the RED material is without sync sound, so I only have to put it in my timeline.
In this way I can start to edit now with low quality material and then to proceed with this annoying step.
Probably is not the best way to organize this project but at the moment I don't have much time to re start all the transcode.
I was hoping in a way to make Resolve recognize the name of the files without looking at the fps, maybe by showing it the project with the conforming, but it's ok, it's impossible..
Next time I think i will try a better way to deal with this kind of project (maybe convert all the footage in Prores...), but I actually hope that something like this is not gonna happen anymore!
Thank you,
Benedetta

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]