AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Audio::PMM_INSUFFICIENT_MEDIA() Player version of frame duration is longer than acutal [numbers] (numbers)

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Adam Harper
Audio::PMM_INSUFFICIENT_MEDIA() Player version of frame duration is longer than acutal [numbers] (numbers)
on Apr 5, 2016 at 8:55:11 am

Hi all

I'm soon to be working on a student project which is using RAW Red footage. I have a DIT on set who will be making DNxHD 36 proxies for me. As it was his first time being a DIT and my first time working with one, we decided to do a quick test and we've been using this link as a guide.

http://cinetv.westphal.drexel.edu/base/workflow/redcine-x-pro/creating-avid...

The transcoding process had no problems but issues started to arise when it came to bringing the proxies into AVID. After copying the .MXF files into the relevant Avid Mediafiles folder I tried to import the .ALE file and then relink all the offline media and I just said "there's nothing to relink to". I then tried doing it via the Media Tool which almost worked. The media isn't offline but if I try to do ANYTHING with the clip, even just selecting it, I get this error;

Audio::PMM_INSUFFICIENT_MEDIA()
Player version of frame duration is longer than acutal
[numbers] (numbers)

If anyone knows the issue, what might be causing and how to solve it. I would really appreciate a response ASAP as the shoot is scheduled to start in 2 days and I'm clueless as to what to do here. The DIT is having to do the transcode on Windows whereas I'm editing on a Mac, if that information has any relevance.

Thanks

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]