AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Re: Avid 25p vs 50i Project - Consequences of working progressive

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Pat Horridge
Re: Avid 25p vs 50i Project - Consequences of working progressive
on Oct 15, 2015 at 1:47:31 pm

You only need to toggle project format for tape ingest of import. With AMA its done by the AMA plugin but you need to check it gets it right via the source setting after AMA link is done.

I do a nice course that covers all this (VET Avid media management) but to help you out :-)

At the conform stage you will have a final sequence.
In a bin with no other content you can use the set bin display to show reference clips and you will then see every clip used in the sequence. Copy these out to a new empty bin. That's your conform list.
Make sure you have source file and source path column headings selected and sort by source path. You now have all the clips you need to AMA link sorted in order of original location and what clips you need.
AMA link those clips afresh (into yet another bin is good)you can try using the relinking option but in my experience an fresh AMA link is best. As each batch of clips AMA link check the source settings re I or P are correct (this can all be done while in the P project format)
If the setting is wrong change it.
When all AMA linking is done the sequence should have come back online. (you may want to have separated and consolidated the audio before all this as no point re-conforming perfectly good audio)
Use the refresh sequence option and select source settings to ensure the sequence reflects the AMA settings.
Check the progressive output on an external monitor to be sure no interlaced artefacts are present.

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]