AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Re: AMA linking problems

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jon Hensen
Re: AMA linking problems
on May 19, 2015 at 4:07:53 pm

I have to agree with Glenn about the redundant process of re-linking your AMA clips to the ones you just transcoded. Trying to think about why the post house would urge this for online reasons...

Just want to throw out there that you can change drive path letters when going back to windows platform to match whatever letter they were ingested from. Simple thing to do in disk management. That has saved me time in the past by using my original AMA bins on different systems without having to create fresh AMA bins. i.e. original bins link to drive (:E), and is mounted on different system as (:F) - Tap into disk management, right click on drive and change properties.

For the C300, you have the XF plugin yes? http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/products/professional_cameras/ci...
Should be linking fine as long as folder structure is in tact. If you select a folder in the path prior to the "01" folder created by the camera, it will link to the whole card.

All very well things you are well aware of. Just good to double check!

Good luck, and let us know if the Post house has some secret concerning there online process. Seems unnecessary, but we learn new things everyday!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]