AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Re: AMA linking problems

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Glenn Sakatch
Re: AMA linking problems
on May 16, 2015 at 3:58:33 pm

I'm a bit confused with some of your process. Personally, I would ama link your shots, transcode them to dnx36 and start editing with those transcodes.
Take your original AMA clips and put them in a folder, tucked away for the end of the project, when you want to relink your sequence back to your raw media. There is no need to relink your 36 dnx media back to your original ama clips.

As for the c300, check that your ama link settings are not set to auto. Telling Avid the specific type of ama you are trying to do may help.

If not, open your c300 clips in explorer and alt drag the containing folder to an open bin in avid. This is another way to do ama linking. Haven't worked with c300 for a while, so I'm not positive what level of the folder structure you want to alt drag over, but with a bit of trial and error, you might have some success. Note the alt drag method (for me) will every now and then try to import instead of ama link, if I release my alt button and the mouse button in the wrong order. If Avid says "creating media" cancel the process and try again.

Glenn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]