AMA linking problems

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

brenda morrissey
AMA linking problems
on May 16, 2015 at 9:13:25 am

Hi
Firstly I am not very technical...but editing on Avid for years. I have a brand new iMac with latest 8.3 Media composer and am just starting a one hour doc for broadcast. Working from home.

I have set up my project and opened bins. I have AMA linked to my rushes and transcoded to DNXHD36, and then relinked the AMA files. My edit bins are copied clips of the AMA relinks. This is what was recommended by the post house where the final online and grade will happen.

I have begun the process of watching footage and I am finding clips missing.

1. About 20% of the pores clips from an ARRi Camera didn't transcode the first time. I needed to go back and re-transcode to DNXHD36 and relink to get these clips. Of that action there may be a few clips left that just won't relink at all. The original footage in this case is in pro-res format. So for every bin with pro-res rushes, there are about 3 clips that won't relink.

For this I was advised to transcode these clips to DNXHD185 and edit with the .new transcoded clips. Therefore my final sequence could be made up of copies of relinked AMA DNXHD36 and then a small percentage of DNXHD185.new clips. Does this sound right?

2. The C300 footage has been a big problem too. Only half of it will AMA link. The footage that wouldn't AMA link I had to open each folder and manually AMA link the clip. This is ridiculously slow. Any suggestions?

3. Overall for what footage that does AMA link, a certain percentage of clips are missed in the transcode. And from that a few AMA clips won't re-link with the transcodes.

I don't know if you can suggest individual solutions to the above specifically or do I have a bigger problem to be sorted? Could it be how the camera rushes are copied onto my drive? Is there something missing?
I am a learner driver in this regard so any help in basic language would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks for reading this...Im probably not the best at explaining this.

Brenda

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]