AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

23.98 to 25fps for PAL - Possible with no duration change?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Aaron Clark
23.98 to 25fps for PAL - Possible with no duration change?
on Mar 6, 2015 at 7:21:19 pm

I have a question about delivering a project that's going overseas to a PAL region. I edited the project in 23.98 and was told about midway through that it's for India. It's critical that these remain in the :30 and :60 duration respectively.

When delivering things to a PAL region, what is the best technique for conversion? I've done some research and the two ways I found were:

• Conversion - So basically frame blending to add in the extra frames. This method seems to be not ideal as it makes the picture look not so great.

• Conforming - Which makes the entire thing 4% faster and thus shorter. Considering these need to be 30 and 60 as I said so this doesn't work out very well for me.

• If I've got any of these explanations wrong, please correct me!

So, is there any better option. I'm aware of using a Teranex and the like but that isn't quite an option for this project due to a lower budget. If there isn't any better solution, is there absolutely anything I can do (painstakingly or not) to fix this problem?

Thanks for any and all help you guys can provide. If I posted this in the wrong forum, I sincerely apologize. I chose this one because I'm cutting on Avid.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]