AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

If anyone has any ideas on a Mediafiles, Scanning, G-Drive, "Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread", at address 0x0 Problem, you're very welcome here.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lewis Snow
If anyone has any ideas on a Mediafiles, Scanning, G-Drive, "Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread", at address 0x0 Problem, you're very welcome here.
on Feb 13, 2015 at 1:34:45 pm

Heya all me again.

So I've copied 3tb worth of AvidMediaFiles from a 4tb G-Raid, to a 16tb G-Drive.

On the G-Raid, they were separated into 5 folders, I've condensed it into 4 folders (1,2,3,4) on the G-Drive, and deleted the msm database files in each folder. I've also amended the names on any other AvidMediaFiles folders on any other hard drives hooked up to the machine so Avid doesn't look for them.

I boot up Avid, it opens, it starts scanning the G-Drive media files folders, and every time, without fail, 1 minute 33 seconds in Avid will stop scanning and bring up the error "Segmentation fault" in thread "MainThread", at address 0x0

If anyone has any suggestions, before the obvious clean install of the OS and Avid, because we really don't wanna do that right now.

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro4,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Number of Processors: 2
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache (per Processor): 8 MB
Memory: 12 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 5.86 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MP41.0081.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.39f5