Avid Pan & Zoom Effect V6.5 vs V7.04

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil Ryan
Avid Pan & Zoom Effect V6.5 vs V7.04
on Feb 3, 2015 at 1:28:25 am
Last Edited By Neil Ryan on Feb 3, 2015 at 2:09:16 am

I had a Template made up in MC v6.5 for Editors to use Stills in their Timelines. This Template used several layers, giving us the Photo on top layer, pseudo shadow layer under that, and the main background under that.
This Template didn't translate in our update to V7. I realised that in V6.5, I had applied the Pan & Zoom Effect to filler and this allowed the Background to be all the layers underneath. This doesn't work in V7. But on reading both the 6.5 & 7 Documentation, I realised I was getting away with a cheat. Both User Guides state that you should NOT apply the effect to filler; it must be a placeholder of an actual clip. (In 6.5 it happened to work; in V7 it crashes.)
So, as I try to recreate this Template correctly in V7, I find that the Video Background only seems to come from the segment that the Avid Pan & Zoom Effect is added to, and so does not see through to multiple layers. I get around this by nesting my multiple background layers, then adding the Avid Pan & Zoom Effect onto them, so the 'background' is a Submaster of multiple layers.

Am I using the Avid Pan & Zoom Effect correctly for V7?

thanks,
Neil.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]