AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Re: 25fps timelline issues now needs to be 29.97fps

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Sarah Bright
Re: 25fps timelline issues now needs to be 29.97fps
on Jan 8, 2015 at 4:28:13 pm

I'm not sure why the new footage in 30fps... I'd made 'same as source' prores qts as the original files were mp4s and they're for some reason 30fps but the raws are actually 60fps not 30fps! So, I'll need to remake them anyway... I made them in media encoder with same as source settings so I'm not sure why they're 30fps and not 60.

Anyway, I can't open a 25fps sequence in a 2997 project. Avid won't let me do that, hence my problem, otherwise I would have done that straight off the bat. I've also tried AMA-ing them in and consolidating them and letting Avid do the frame rate conversion.
No, the 29.97 footage isn't ghosting in a 29.97 sequence... I can open the 2997 clips in the 25 project and it looks ok but it's when I bang it on the timeline is where the problem lies.

I've realised that when the clips are in the sequence and has that green dot, it's ok but when it's rendered that's when the ghosting comes in.

So, what I need to do it get the 60fps clips into a 25fps project... I didn't think avid had issues with different frame rates in one project.

Sarah

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]