AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Re: DaVinci Resolve to Avid to AMA Relink

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Phillips
Re: DaVinci Resolve to Avid to AMA Relink
on Dec 11, 2014 at 2:36:47 pm

That can work, but personally I am not a fan of a source having both... may just be personal preference. I could never get a clear answer out of Avid whether this was a recommended method either, but it seems to work. BWF via AMA link end up with Tape, Source File, and TapeID...

The DaVinci footage always embeds whatever REEL is set to into the TAPE field because that is how Avid'd SDK for third parties work. Currently only MC can populate the Source File column when AMA linking or importing.

Since v6.5 you could relink between Tape and Source File, and in v7 you can set up a relink between most any column as long as the values were the same.

In your scenario, you had to apply the existing TAPE name from the offline on a per clip basis, but can be a tedious for a lot of clips. But depending on number of clips, it's manageable, so good for you.

I always ensure when using file formats that have 8 character embedded REEL like BMD cameras, Alexa ProRes, Red R3D, and such that when processing in DaVInci, I export the ALE and merge into my offline dailies to have both the original filename and the embedded REEL. That way later in an AMA conform, I have everything I need to do a relink based on any value.

Michael

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]