AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

DaVinci Resolve to Avid to AMA Relink

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Troy Williams
DaVinci Resolve to Avid to AMA Relink
on Dec 10, 2014 at 2:56:28 am

I've been trying to get some practice in working with Resolve and Avid, specifically with converting Alexa footage to MXF in DaVinci for use in Avid, and then relinking back to the original source MOVs in Avid after editing is done. I'm having trouble with that final step.

Here's what I've done so far:

In DaVinci 11:

1) Bring the media into DaVinci.
2) Configure the DaVinci project with "Assist using reel names from... ...Embedding in source clip file"
3) Deliver from DaVinci using the AAF Round Trip preset.
4) Copy the MXFs to the AVID MediaFiles folder, then drag the AAF into an Avid bin.

Editing ensues... ...fast forward to where I'm ready to relink back to the master clips.

In Avid:

1) I temporarily disable the Avid MediaFiles folder by renaming it (I use "_Avid MediaFiles").
2) I bring in the original Alexa MOVs using AMA Link. A new bin is created containing them.
3) I close all bins except the bin I want to relink and the bin containing the AMA imported files.
4) I right-click on the sequence I want to relink and choose "Relink". I use the settings in the screenshot below, but nothing relinks.

Interestingly, I notice that the AMA imported files have no tape name, but do have a Source File listed in the metadata. For the MXFs it's vice versa. They have a tape name but no Source File.

What am I doing wrong?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]