AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Recovering lost sequences

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robert Gilbert
Recovering lost sequences
on Jun 20, 2014 at 7:42:40 pm

I am relatively new to Avid (started learning this January) and decided to edit my most recent short film with Avid.

So the film I shot has multiple scenes, and I edited each scene in its own sequence in each scene’s folder. I was planning on exporting a rough cut, so I then moved all of the scenes into a new separate folder (I though it would be the easiest way to connect all of them). So I put scene 1 into the timeline and the audio is missing, (forgot to select all of the audio tracks) so I figured I’ll just delete this sequence and then grab the sequence again from scene 1’s folder. I didn’t realize that when I dragged it from its original folder it was the only copy- I just assumed it made a copy when I dragged it into the new folder, and I had already deleted the sequence.

I couldn’t find it in the trash or in anywhere or in finder, and out of panic and stupidity I decided to just pull out my drive with hopes that nothing would get corrupted knowing if I closed avid that it would automatically save. (The first scene was such a pain to edit, I did not want to have to go through it again)

So I rebooted avid, and I am now finding out that I am missing all of my sequences from each scene, only left now with the raw clips. Is there any way I can possibly recover any of them?!? Thanks!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]