Changing interlaced to progressive in aaf file

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Paul Möring
Changing interlaced to progressive in aaf file
on May 10, 2014 at 1:35:46 pm

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I hope I'm in the right area for my question.

Since I'm working as a colorist on a project I shot recently I'm not really familiar with the architecture and functions of Avid.

Here's my problem:
I received an AAF File and a Folder with the Avid MediaFiles. These are consolidated in the AAF. I imported them into Davinci Resolve and it worked like a charm(Much easier than coming from premiere or final cut)
The problem is that there is some interlaced footage in the project. I can see these typical interlaced lines.

So I took the AAF File into Avid and looked at how Avid sees the files and they are all 1080i/50.

I took a look at the source files that I backupped after shooting the project and they are not interlaced. Only a mix of 25p and 50p. This is because of shooting higher framerates with the fs700.

I would love to have an AAF with the same edit but with progressive footage instead of interlaced.
Is there a possibility to do that, even though I don't have the original Avid Project?

Here is what I'm working with:
-AAF File of the project but with wrongly interpreted footage
-Avid MediaFile Folder with the consolidated footage
-The footage that was originally backupped from cards(It has been renamed before it went into Avid)
-Footage was shot in 25p and 50p on a Sony Fs700 using the internal AVCHD Codec
-I have access to Avid Media Composer 6.5.0

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]