Re: Avid MC 7 - no audio playing in sequence but media is not seen as offline

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter Stabb
Re: Avid MC 7 - no audio playing in sequence but media is not seen as offline
on Nov 28, 2013 at 6:41:50 pm

Thanks for your responses.

It's all 48 khz audio and the tracks are on.

I think the problem must be to do with consolidating the audio. Basically we had a sequence that had the majority of the audio stored on Drive X/ Avid MediaFiles / MXF/ 1. There were a few SFX elements that were taken from other Avid projects that had been cut in, they were taken from Drive U and Drive Z. We consolidated the audio, which meant a new OMFI folder was created on Drive X. This new consolidated audio timeline was then copied and pasted under our picture. Drive U and Drive Z with the other avid projects and media left the country. The next day I opened the project file with drive Y attached to my computer, drive Y contained a complete duplicate of my MXF's in the correct file structure. My project prompted me that some files were offline, these were the SFX files because I hadn't copied the OMFI folder onto Drive Y. I copied the OMFI folder from Drive X to Drive Y and relinked the audio. My timeline played fine with all the audio elements and no problems. I exported out a copy whcih worked fine. The following day I opened the project with drive X attached and my timeline would now play but the only audio that will play are the SFX files stored in the OMFI folder. The consolidated MXF files are all on both Drive X and Drive Y but won't play from either. My project doesn't' see any media as offline and won't relink or refresh media databases.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]