AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Re: With Adobe forcing Creative Cloud and Apple tainting / reversing a decade of professional market FCP growth with FCPX, did the professional editing world just become an Avid one horse race?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ryan McAfee
Re: With Adobe forcing Creative Cloud and Apple tainting / reversing a decade of professional market FCP growth with FCPX, did the professional editing world just become an Avid one horse race?
on May 7, 2013 at 5:43:05 pm

I really enjoyed your post. It was very incite full. I personally have not heard that Adobe is going to a strict cloud based format (not saying that they aren't) but it kind of makes sense for them.

I hate the constant CS updates/upgrades (CS6/7/8/9), it is the same thing in the video game world, as in the use of downloadable content, when in all actuality that content is on the original disk and all you did was put in a code to use it. (Sorry if that did not make sense)

Adobe's creative cloud at least gives you the constant Adobe updates, so maybe they will just get to the point of saying Photoshop instead of Photoshop CSX12 v1.2 extended 3 and 1/2.

Avid is stable but there is a learning curve. Premiere and FCP seemed to me to be easier to navigate when teaching yourself how to use them.

My final thought. I think Adobe will remain competitive. And don't leave out Sony Vegas. I edit on Avid mostly. But I really enjoyed my brief time editing on Vegas. (A very straight forward system.)

Thank You.

Ryan McAfee
Moon Community Access Television
http://www.MCA-TV.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]