AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

XDCAM Media from disks to DNXHD145?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Diego Garza
XDCAM Media from disks to DNXHD145?
on Jan 29, 2013 at 11:55:53 pm

I will be receiving xdcam media that essentially needs to be imported to avid at dnxhd145 and then export some selects as h264 QTs. Easy enough?

I'm running Avid 6.5 on a Macbook Pro on OS 10.8.2, 2.6 ghz core i7, 8bg of ram (fyi).

I initially created an avid project at 1080/23.98 since the footage they shot is at 23.98 fps. When linking to the footage via AMA, it came up, and I was going to select a clip as a test to transcode. But, I didn't see a DNXH145 option:

So, I created another project, this time at 1080/59.94 and did the same process, link via AMA, brought a clip in, and I can now trandscode to dnxhd145 but it asks me to convert the rate. I did so, and when I went to export an h264 it came out with 29.97 fps and not 23.98 because of the transcode.

What step or setting am I missing here? I want to be able to transcode the 23.98 media to DNXH145 and then export an h264 that still has 23.98 frame rate.

Just to note, I have installed the AMA xdcam plug ins as well as all of the DNXHD codecs needed. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]